Books are essential! I want to make my library a place where students will want to experience a great book. Many teachers and librarians wonder how to do this.
1. Use Instagram to share photos of your books.
2. Create student book clubs.
3. Host author talks.
4. Create and show book trailers.
5. Host lunch with the librarian where students preview new books and read.
This page features an article and tips for encouraging students to read. Won’t you please read and share it? http://www.edutopia.org/blog/cultivating-love-reading-students-elena-aguilar
Other Links of Interest:
100 Greatest Children’s Books: http://www.scholastic.com/100books/
- Winning kids over one book at a time (stuff.co.nz)